Jamala Madikwe Royal Safari Lodge offers 5-Star ultra luxury on the southeastern side of Madikwe Game Reserve in South Africa. From the award-winning food to the five villas, your senses will be captivated by each and every experience.
Notably, this lodge is managed by its owners, who take great pride in adding personal touches. Along with their professional staff, they will ensure your time in the bush is unforgettable. Enjoy top-rated South African elegance, while getting closer to the “Big Five” in a malaria-free environment.
All identical their size and colonial charm, five exceptional villas provide discerning guests with a private retreat and intimate amenities.
- 166 m2 free-standing villa
- Rim flow pool and sala
- Lounge with fireplace
- Dining area
- Indoor & outdoor showers
- Wooden deck with views of the surrounding savannah and watering hole
- Walk-in dressing room
Main Lodge Facilities
Tradition and eccentricity are tastefully united to create a classic interior style that blends seamlessly with the savage beauty that exists beyond Jamala’s walls.
- Lounge with library and fireplace
- Dining area and deck
- Curio shop
- Watchtower – overlooking the plains and watering hole
Royal Spa & Gym
Relax and recharge in the spa that boasts deluxe treatments for the whole body, using only eco-friendly products. The fully equipped, open-concept gym allows for incredible views as you workout.
Award-Winning Safari Cuisine
As winners of the ‘Best Safari Cuisine Africa 2014 & 2015’, you can look forward to gourmet dining in the bush boma or on the Star Deck. The menu is comprised of modern gastronomic delights, expertly prepared by award-winning head chef Nico Verster. Whether you consider yourself a food aficionado, or not, your taste buds will rejoice after indulging in just one dish.
Madikwe is an ancient land where nature stages its circle of life and death. There is no theatre quite like the plains of South Africa and Jamala Madikwe offers ideal seating for an audience eager to take in a treasure trove of flora and fauna.
- Game Drives – an expert field guide hosts wildlife drives in the early morning and again in the evening
- Safari Walks – accommodated on advance request
- Signature “Sofa Safari” – from the comfort of the main lodge
Regrettably, children are not permitted at Jamala Madikwe.
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Selected house wines and local drinks
- Two game drives per day
- Complimentary wifi access
- All transfers to and from the landing strip