The Bush House is not a typical game lodge. It is an old family farmhouse that has been transformed into a 4-Star retreat, where guests are encouraged to kick off their shoes and unwind. As an owner-managed lodge, a personal touch is integral to its charm. Great pride is taken in really caring for each guest and attending to their every need. Whether it’s a warm welcome at the brunch table after your morning game drive, or the attention to detail when preparing sumptuous dinner dishes, it is these little luxuries that make for a superlative South African experience.
You are invited to make The Bush House your home in the magnificent malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve.
Luxurious Guest Rooms
Six luxurious guest rooms are part of the main lodge and can accommodate up to 10 guests. Each is tastefully furnished to suit The Bush House environment and its signature casual style.
- En-suite bathrooms
- Separate shower and bath
- Four rooms have private verandahs
Enjoy relaxing in the large shaded garden that overlooks a very active watering hole, which some say is the best in all of Madikwe. Or lounge poolside while the staff caters to your every need.
- Dining room and bar
- Reading area
- Boma dining area and breezeway
- Rock swimming pool with sun loungers
The Underground Hide
There is nothing like watching wildlife up close and The Hide offers a whole new dimension in game viewing. Bordering the active watering hole, The Hide is safely accessed from either a garden path, or from the swimming pool. It’s a unique and remarkable activity that is available 24 hours a day.
The chefs at The Bush House collectively create a wonderful variety of culinary delights. Whether it is breakfast in the garden, afternoon tea, or a fireside dinner in the boma, expect international favourites and local dishes to tempt your palate daily.
Adventures begin when one of the expert guides takes you out on a game drive, but there are other options to keep you actively entertained:
- Early morning games drives depart at sunrise
- Late afternoon/evening game drives allow guests to enjoy a spectacular bush sunset and the opportunity to see nocturnal animals
- Bush walks through a private nature trail
- Friendly games of cricket, rugby, or soccer on the lawn
- Stargazing is especially good during the winter months, but famous constellations can be enjoyed year round.
Children of all ages are welcome at The Bush House.
- Children under six years of age not permitted on game drives unless the lodge has been booked exclusively by one group.
- “Kiddies Bumble” offered after breakfast each day for the little ones at no extra charge.
- Babysitting facilities are available at additional charge.
- All meals, teas and coffees
- Welcome drink on arrival after game drives
- Two game drives daily
- Complimentary Wi-Fi