The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve, and an award-winning South African welcome awaits you at Rhulani Safari Lodge.
In 2015 the Lodge was named “Best Safari Villa Worldwide” at the Hotel of the Year Awards. In 2016, Rhulani was Luxury Travel Guide’s winning choice for “Luxury Safari Lodge”.
So it’s no surprise that Rhulani lives up to its 5-Star promise to offer the very best of the bush. Speaking of which daily game drives on the malaria-free Reserve will give you the opportunity to view a wide variety of wildlife species, including the legendary “Big Five”.
Here, the ordinary has been transformed into the extraordinary. Experience an oasis of calm; a place that nourishes the soul and lifts the spirit. Come and feel the bush and make memories to last a lifetime!
Seven luxury chalets harmoniously blend with the bushveld to offer absolute privacy and serenity. Each boasts:
- King size bed or two single beds; possibility to add up to two beds for children
- Full en-suite bathroom with inside and outside showers and bathtub
- Morso fireplace
- Private deck with plunge pool
- Wifi, international power plug and adapters
Luxury Family Suite
These two separate suites combine for a superlative family retreat. Each has the same features as the chalets, with outdoor showers only. In addition:
- Communal lounge area with separate entrance doors to each suite
- Private deck with communal plunge pool
- Nespresso coffee machine
Main Lodge Facilities
The main lodge is a peaceful spot to sit back, relax and enjoy sensational views of the savannah.
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor deck overlooking the water hole
- Intimate lounge and library
- Dining room
- Curio shop
- Meeting conference room (for 25 persons)
5-Star Safari Cuisine
Traditional dishes are on the menu and always complemented by a selection of world-class South African wines. Whether your dining experience is indoors, or out in the boma – under the starry sky, warmed by a roaring fire, it is guaranteed to be exquisite. Guests can also opt to eat poolside, or out on their private deck.
Activities & Extras
The adventure begins with a game drives under the guidance of qualified rangers. With advanced planning, Rhulani is happy to host your bush wedding or conference.
- Morning and afternoon game drives (max 10 guests per vehicle; private vehicle on request)
- Bush walks (additional cost)
- Children’s activities
- In-suite spa services (additional cost)
- Excursions to Botswana and the capital city of Gaborone (additional cost)
Climate change is an urgent issue and hits close to the heart at Rhulani. As such, guests are encouraged to lower their carbon footprint by planting trees during their stay. The Lodge proudly holds a membership to Food & Trees for Africa (FTFA) – the national greening, food gardening, and climate change action enterprise that contributes to disadvantaged communities.
Children of all ages are welcome at Rhulani! Upon arrival, each child receives a complimentary kit and there is a kiddie’s corner especially equipped with toys, DVDs and more.
- Children under 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the field guide, while children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari.
- Bumble drives can take place after the little ones have breakfast.
- Children’s menu available.
- Babysitting services are available upon request.
- Under the age of 6 years old stay free of charge.
- 6 – 15 year olds staying with two paying adults pay 50% of adult rate.
- 16+ pay full rate and stay in their own room.
- Luxury accommodation
- Two game drives per day
- Three meals per day – breakfast/brunch, high tea, dinner, sundowners, lunch (available on demand)
- Pick up from the airstrip in Madikwe