The Royal Madikwe is an intimate luxury safari lodge run by a close-knit, experienced team. Through and uncompromising dedication to service excellence, this Lodge offers nothing short of lavish accommodations, sincere hospitality, and spectacular wildlife encounters.
Your journey begins in the heart of the magnificent, and malaria-free, Madikwe Game Reserve. Welcome to a place where time stands still and nature calls at your door. With a passionate commitment to responsible tourism practices, Royal Madikwe’s vision of making a worthwhile difference in luxury eco-tourism is being realized by investing in local community projects, and by preserving the environment. As a guest, you make a difference by simply having a superb holiday.
“Discover wild Africa and discover yourself.” – Dr. Chai Patel, owner
The Royal Madikwe offers exquisite accommodation, up to a maximum of 14 guests, in five beautifully appointed suites. Please enquire about exclusive use of the lodge.
Luxury Double Suite
With breathtaking views of the surrounding wilderness and mountains, this freestanding suite offers privacy, tranquility and luxury.
Suite size: 46m²
- King size four poster bed
- En-suite bathroom with indoor/outdoor rain showers and a bathtub with wilderness views
- Indoor wood fire place
- Large private viewing deck with plush sun loungers beside the plunge pool
Luxury Twin Suite
Contemporary style meets African elegance – this suite offers the perfect space to rejuvenate and relax in anticipation of a safari adventure. It can comfortably be converted into a double for couples.
Suite size: 43m²
- Lavish extra long ¾ beds
- An en-suite bathroom with indoor/outdoor rain showers, bathtub with wilderness views
- Indoor wood fire place
- Large private viewing deck, furnished with plush sun loungers beside the plunge pool
The Honeymoon Suite
This sumptuous and romantic retreat is perfectly suited to couples celebrating their honeymoon, an anniversary or simply in search of a special getaway.
Suite size: 44m²
- Four poster bed draped in luxurious percale linen
- Adjacent en-suite bathroom with indoor/outdoor rain showers, and a romantic bathtub with a beautiful wilderness views
- Indoor wood fire place
- Large private viewing deck wraps around a plunge pool
The Emperor Suite
Boasting spectacular views from the second level of the Clubhouse, this suite is perfectly suited to couples in search of a lavish suite, a honeymoon retreat, or for families with two younger children.
Suite size: 105m²
- Spacious two bedroom suite
- Master bedroom has an extra-length king size bed, an en-suite bathroom with open air rain shower and romantic bathtub
- Children’s room fitted with bunk beds
- Elegant sunken lounge
- Dining area
- Additional bathroom equipped with a rain shower
The Royal Villa
This two bedroom family villa offers exclusivity and privacy; perfectly suited to families with two or three children. The private game drive vehicle offered with the Villa allows families the luxury of enjoying an intimate family safari experience as well as the flexibility sometimes required with younger children.
Suite size: 159m²
- Master bedroom boasts a lavish four poster bed, indoor wood fire place, en-suite bathroom with both indoor and outdoor rain showers and a romantic bathtub
- Second bedroom has twin beds and a large en-suite bathroom with indoor rain shower and an extravagant bathtub
- 138m² private viewing deck with plunge pool
- Dining area and small kitchenette
- Library and TV lounge on the second level opens to another viewing deck with waterhole views
Savour the Savannah
Expect international favourites and local dishes to be expertly prepared by the chefs. Wine and dine in the Clubhouse or on the private deck of your suite.
Daily dawn and dusk game drives are recommended to ensure that you get the most out of your safari experience’s. The “Big Five” (elephant, buffalo, rhino, lion and leopard) are all present on Madikwe Game Reserve, as well as many species of birds, antelope and other mammals; including endangered African wild dogs and cheetah.
A complimentary fun filled program created just for little ones to keep them entertained and excited about their adventure at Royal Madikwe. T-shirt painting, doughnut decorating, animal tracking, face painting, arts and crafts, African beading, and storytelling, are all part of the endless adventures!
Optional Add-Ons (at additional cost)
Add even more magic to your time in South Africa.
Zulu Dancing – Experience this incredible display of power and passion as you share their journey through a colourful cultural dance. Pre-booking essential.
Marimba Band – Relish in the soulful melodies of the Marimba instruments echoing through the valley as you enjoy a champagne breakfast. Pre-booking essential.
African Drumming Lesson – Join in this cultural exploration and learn to navigate this beautifully handcrafted instrument. Pre-booking essential.
Stargazing – A wonderful story unfolds as you learn about the history and evolutionary formulation of these stellar phenomena. Best viewing from February to late August, but this is available throughout the year. Pre-booking essential.
Bush Walks – Follow in the footsteps of the animals for an opportunity to learn more about smaller creatures, as well as the flora that make up this unique wildlife reserve. Pre-booking essential and dependent on availability.
Conservation for a Cause – Ask about special projects where you can lend a hand.
Massage Treatments – Enjoy a massage treatment in the comfort and privacy of your suite or on the Sundeck. Pre-booking not essential, but welcome.
Children of all ages are welcome at Royal Madikwe!
- Children under the age of two years stay for free in a cot when sharing with two adults in a Luxury Suite.
- Creating triple suites in a Luxury Suite, or adding an additional child to a Family Suite will be subject to availability based on occupancy.
- Children under the age of five years are not permitted on the scheduled game drives. A 1-hour Kiddie’s Bumble can be arranged at the Lodge (dependent on availability at the time of enquiring).
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on Bush Walks.
- Luxury Accommodation
- All Meals – Breakfast, Lunch or High Tea & Dinner
- Two game drives per day
- Game drive beverages and snacks
- Transfers to/from Madikwe Western Airstrip
- Bush Walks (if in place of a game drive and dependent on availability)