Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge sits gracefully atop a hill in the heart of malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve. This 5-Star estate is comprised of Madikwe Hills Main Camp and Little Madikwe Hills, and offers the utmost in luxury, hospitality and beauty.
And it’s not only these qualities that are prided upon, but also the fact that the estate supports the local village of Moletedi. From financial support, building education centres, developing skills and creating jobs, the community is assured a secure and successful future. Guests of the lodge are able to participate in this sustainability model by contributing to children’s school fees.
Retreat to an enchanting setting, where you can relax under age-old Tamboti trees and reconnect to nature in superlative South African style!
The 10 luxury suites may be glass-fronted, but each offers absolute privacy and the space for you to peacefully unwind. Whether lounging poolside, or getting cozy by the open fire, guests are treated to a unique vantage point as they can comfortably gaze out over the savannah and watch herds of wildlife make their way to the watering hole.
- Spacious 150 m2 suite
- Living area with large slate-clad chimney
- Four-poster bed draped in muslin
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Private deck and plunge pool
- Fully stocked mini bar
Little Madikwe Hills
As a family-friendly accommodation, Little Madikwe can be reserved to form a completely private camp accommodating up to 8 guests.
- Two bedroom suite (390 m2)
- Two luxury suites (150 m2 each)
- Outdoor showers
- Private deck and swimming pool
- Private lounge, verandah and dining room
- Made-to-order meals by a personal chef in a private kitchen
- Personal butler/babysitter
- Entertainment centre and small library
- Exclusive use of a game vehicle with professional ranger
Main Camp Facilities
The central area is an important part of everyday life at Madikwe Hills.
- Dining room
- Traditional boma
- Wine cellar
- Terraced viewing deck overlooking the watering hole
- Swimming pool
- Curio shop
- Internet desk (available 24/7)
From breakfast to sumptuous fireside meals under the stars, you can expect both gourmet favourites and delectable local dishes to be expertly prepared by the head chef. Bush breakfasts and dinners are available on request for larger groups.
Picture indulging in a restorative holistic treatment, while surrounded by beautiful African bush… Or keeping up with your fitness regime in the fully equipped gym. Either way, you can set the mind at ease, find balance, and embrace the energy of the bush.
Daily game drives with a trained expert guide offer guests the opportunity to get up close to as much of Madikwe’s wonderful wildlife as possible, including the “Big Five”.
- Two 3-hour game drives (morning and afternoon)
- Guided walking safaris
- Junior Rangers & Kiddies – A range of fun activities have been created for kids of all ages that allow for safe exploration of this exciting environment. Each child receives a Lucky Packet upon arrival at Madikwe Hills, and then leaves with a Junior Ranger Certificate and memories to last a lifetime.
There is something about a wedding in the heart of the African bushveld that makes a celebration truly extraordinary. Intimate weddings for up to twenty-four guests are catered to with meticulous attention to detail. Enquire about the wedding packages on offer at Madikwe Hills.
The Main Camp welcomes children over the age of 10, while Little Madikwe accommodates all ages.
- Luxury accommodation
- Two game drives per day
- Three meals per day, including tea and coffee
- High tea and canapés
- Drinks and snacks on game drives
- A wide selection of local beverages, house wines and spirits
- Laundry service
- Road transfers from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge